* Factory Benelux presents Dark Light, the brand new album by post-punk trailblazers Section 25, Factory workers since 1979.
* Recorded in 2012, Dark Light is their first collection of new material since the tragic loss of founder Larry Cassidy in 2010, and marks a return to the smooth electro and synth-pop textures first explored on their seminal 1984 album From the Hip. These echoes are amplified by the presence of co-vocalists Beth and Jo Cassidy, and a sublime cover image by iconic artist/designer Peter Saville.
* Much of Dark Light was produced in collaboration with remixer Derek Miller (aka Outernationale), and includes new versions of recent single tracks Colour Movement Sex & Violence and Inner Drive. Other stand-out cuts include future pop classic My Outrage, which will also be made available as a limited edition 7” single (7 FBN 62) to mark World Record Store Day in April 2013. There are also two hidden tracks.
* Section 25 are: Vin Cassidy, Bethany Cassidy, Steve Stringer, Stuart Hill and Joanna Cassidy. “Metamorphosing from the glummest, most dour group ever into progenitors of House, Blackpool’s SXXV are, inevitably, one of the groups of this very post-punk moment” (Chris Bohn, The Wire magazine)
* Past tense, future perfect.
1. World’s End 2. My Outrage 3. Pitch Black Box 4. Love Cuts 5. Colour Movement Sex & Violence 6. Inner Drive 7. 78 8. Letter to America 9. Memento 10. Early Exit 11. CMSV Dub Mix 12. Program For Light (Outernationale)