The band continues revisiting their live canon on September 7 with a new edition of the soundtrack to THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME that features newly remastered audio. This release follows the recent reissue of their live album How The West Was Won, and rounds out the deluxe reissue series of their classic albums that began in 2014, building to the band’s 50th anniversary celebration slated to commence later this year. Coincidentally, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant played their first live show together, under the moniker “The New Yardbirds” at the time, on September 7, 1968.
THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME will be released in multiple formats from Atlantic/Swan Song, the Super Deluxe Boxed Set will be the most exquisite and elaborate release in the reissue series, recreating the intricate embossing of the set’s original issue and will also mark the first time the full length film and soundtrack have been available in the same package.
- Remastered audio on two CDs and four 180-gram vinyl LPs.
- Two DVD set of the The Song Remains The Same featuring the full theatrical version of the film plus bonus content including four performance outtakes that were not part of the original film: “Celebration Day,” “Over The Hills And Far Away,” “Misty Mountain Hop,” and “The Ocean.”
- DVD of the entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo, plus photo gallery.
- High-def download card of all stereo audio content at 96kHz/24 bit.
- A 28-page book featuring band photos and stills from the film and an essay by Cameron Crowe.
- A replica of the Japanese program from 1977, previously available only when the film first toured cinemas in that country.